Monday, July 21, 2014

Printed Pants 2014

So the other day I decided to bust out these printed Alfani pants I purchased from Macy's a while ago. I wanted to keep it simple so I paired it with a tank, a belt and of course my denim vest. I thought I'd share with you guys some other options as well. As a plus girl I try to stay away from any "too loud" prints that are just going to make me look huge. So here are my rules for wearing prints:

1. Buy the right size- going bigger does not mean it's going to hide the areas you’re trying to cover up. It actually makes you look bigger than you really are. I love anything that hugs my curves!

2. Go for flattering patterns- Stay away from prints with a lot of space in between them, especially horizontal stripes. Big prints and vertical stripes are more slimming. It’s important you pick a print that is proportionate to your shape.

3. Stay away from print on print- I decided to wear a solid tank on top. I know the trend right now is to wear matching prints on top and bottom or even 2 different prints, but from a Visual Merchandiser’s point of view, I find it chaotic. Don't get me wrong, some people can pull it off. I, unfortunately, am not one of those people. Prints draw attention so make sure you place it on the body part that you’re comfortable showing off.


4. Confidence is key!!- Like I said before not everything is for everybody so when you wear it... own it!









No comments:

Post a Comment